ProEFI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProEFI

Electronic Fuel Injection Discussion Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Connectivity issues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
whatthe

Connectivity issues  Empty
PostSubject: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 1:42 pm

Went to connect today to ProEFI and actually start modifying the stock cal file.  

Found I had version 3 software and what I would 'suspect' to be version 2 firmware since I purchased this few years back. Anyway the message came up as missing testcode .dll file or something.   I uninstalled ver3 software, installed ver2 software from site.  

Had to run the 2009proefi in compatibility mode as I'm on Windows 8 laptop.  Went to go online and missed the updated licence file in directory... added that in.  

Now I'm stuck with it telling me this when I try to connect.

Connectivity issues  Untitlednoconnect_zpsfe5b105a

I'm using all IS sensors, IS a/c, power steering, etc.. and the IS300 harness ordered with Proefi  (motor is 2j Aristo)

Everything was pretty plug and play, but could use some tips as to what to look for now.

Last edited by whatthe on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
whatthe

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 4:06 pm

First took engine, stereo, etc. apart over 2 years ago, and have been going through double checking a few things. I noticed the security light blinking on dash even with the key in. Think it is my one ignition key as it was always a little funny. Got the security light to go away and fiddled with usb on my computer.

After that, it did connect. But the map it brings up is empty. All I see are ****, or 'table not available'. firmware version = testcode and it says testcode dll file missing.

I don't have fuel pump connected at moment as I'm waiting for the dual hanger to arrive, but wouldn't expect any issues from that.

Is it missing a cal file, or should I be looking at something else?

Back to top Go down
whatthe

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:38 am

Should I be sending the ECU back to have a map pre-loaded, or trying another laptop?

Back to top Go down
whatthe

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:47 am

Also, is there a better place to post for replies back on these items?  

The IS forums are light on members that use the ProEFI.. which is something I'd like to see change.  

Supra forums there are more users, but I haven't been back there for years and I have no intentions until they clear my account properly.  I bought some 'quality' turbos off of a member, and complained to him when I received them as they were unusable. Mysteriously my account was blocked a day later.  Apparently he's a friend with one of the admins and must run a nice racket blocking people that shouldn't be blocked (they... or at least this guy... used an alternate name of a guy who is probably fictional to block myself at least).

Anyway, sort of a rant to the question at hand... but would like to get the car running in next few weeks.  The operation of the proefi is definitely critical/required for that to happen. I'd really like not to put this project on the shelf for longer.

Back to top Go down
Errol @ TPS

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:14 pm

call me at 561 707 3395. I should be able to help you.
Back to top Go down
whatthe

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Thanks Errol, I will give you shout shortly here.
Back to top Go down
whatthe

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:54 am

Brought out the old tuning laptop with windows XP after we talked Errol.  Was fastest one I could find with serial connection back in the day. Smile

I still have the same results.   This is what I get with ignition key off.

Connectivity issues  Untitled4_zpsffe0d5ce

Turn the key on and it connects and gives me the missing testcode dll

Connectivity issues  Untitled31_zpse76f4445

My Firmware version, serial number, etc.

Connectivity issues  Firmware_zps05a29481
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:19 pm

The ecu you are connecting to has not been flashed with a program. Contact your dealer for the proper .srz file to flash in.
Back to top Go down
https://proefiforum.forumakers.com
whatthe

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:50 am

Will do, thanks.
Back to top Go down
ip-alpha
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:59 am

As Admin said. I've been getting a lot of texts, e-mails, etc. 99% of them are using the incorrect software (V2 on V3; vice versa). Others are not using the right platform (32 bit 64 bit), no dll, etc. Contact your dealer and they will get you straight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inductionperformance.com/
whatthe

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 5:15 pm

My work has been busy again and I haven't had a chance to follow up.

I hear you on the dealer comment, but ironically I ordered this going a few years back now from the Admin. Smile  If there is one of the tuners that wants to be my dealer now though, let me know. Smile 

As far as all of the connection questions, it seems like a good opportunity to have a FAQ on the forum.  At least if you can lead us horses to the water, some of us might have a drink.  From my view of having done this work in the past, I know you guys don't get paid for chatting about repetitive items and it can end up as extra time that nobody asks for compensation on.

Anyway, should have a few days where I can get into the garage coming up. The srz and dll files for IS300 V3 firmware are up on the site now, but if someone has a basic is300 calibration file that I can set this up with, please let me know.  Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ip-alpha
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:22 am

whatthe wrote:

I hear you on the dealer comment, but ironically I ordered this going a few years back now from the Admin. Smile  If there is one of the tuners that wants to be my dealer now though, let me know. Smile 

As far as all of the connection questions, it seems like a good opportunity to have a FAQ on the forum.  At least if you can lead us horses to the water, some of us might have a drink.  From my view of having done this work in the past, I know you guys don't get paid for chatting about repetitive items and it can end up as extra time that nobody asks for compensation on.

Anyway, should have a few days where I can get into the garage coming up. The srz and dll files for IS300 V3 firmware are up on the site now, but if someone has a basic is300 calibration file that I can set this up with, please let me know.  Thanks.

You need to call admin then Wink I'm sure he will love that post.

Shoot me an e-mail with your complete setup Tuning(AT)InductionPerformance(DOT)com I've tuned a few Pro128 IS300's. I don't have any on V3 but if I have time I could convert them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inductionperformance.com/
whatthe

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:30 pm

ip-alpha wrote:
whatthe wrote:

You need to call admin then ;)I'm sure he will love that post.

Shoot me an e-mail with your complete setup Tuning(AT)InductionPerformance(DOT)com I've tuned a few Pro128 IS300's. I don't have any on V3 but if I have time I could convert them.

lol, yah... Just to re-itereate though I thought it was ironic and not meant as a dig. Smile I think the Admin is a great guy and just working long hours like the rest of us.

I just sent you over an email. Let me know if you think you can help out.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connectivity issues    Connectivity issues  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Connectivity issues
Page 1 of 1