ProEFI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProEFI

Electronic Fuel Injection Discussion Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MAF with proefi?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
03yllwcobra

MAF with proefi? Empty
PostSubject: MAF with proefi?   MAF with proefi? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:24 am

Hey I recently purchased the proefi 128 setup for my 2003 mustang cobra. I am getting ready to install it, I know you do not have to use the MAF but if you do not use the MAF will it set off a check engine light?

Thanks

Nick
Back to top Go down
Dustoff

MAF with proefi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAF with proefi?   MAF with proefi? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:54 am

Anything not connected thru the OEM harness will throw a Check Engine Light if its a critical componet . MAF, FRP, O2 sensors... ect. Two solutions. You can have the OEM PCM flashed to stock with CEL light disabled or a better solution is to be flashed with a "tune" file that shuts off all the sensors and assoicated CEL lights that are not referenced by ProEFI . I have unlimited access to any parameter that needs to be shutoff with the EEC-V PCM. I can provide a file to do that.

Thanks,

Jon L
Lund Racing LLC
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

MAF with proefi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAF with proefi?   MAF with proefi? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:54 am

Jon is correct.
Back to top Go down
https://proefiforum.forumakers.com
Turbo98

MAF with proefi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAF with proefi?   MAF with proefi? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:53 am

I'm assuming this would also apply to my ''98 Cobra? I am ditching the MAF and running LS2 coils. I will also be wiring up the CEL to the ProEFI. So I'm not sure what needs to be done to the OEM ECU in order to make it happy while piggybacking it to the ProEFI?
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAF with proefi? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAF with proefi?   MAF with proefi? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAF with proefi?
Page 1 of 1