ProEFI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProEFI

Electronic Fuel Injection Discussion Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Using stock ECU to control DBW, and proefi idle settings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rich

Using stock ECU to control DBW, and proefi idle settings Empty
PostSubject: Using stock ECU to control DBW, and proefi idle settings   Using stock ECU to control DBW, and proefi idle settings Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 10:39 am

While waiting for Proefi based cruise control, I am currently letting my stock ecu control the throttle body on my G35. My question is, do I need to calibrate all the idle tables to match what my stock ecu is actually telling the TB to do?

IE, set up the idle rpm tables, etc

I assume that the ProEFI is trying to hit the idle tables even if it is not controlling the TB? Currently, my idle tables do not match what the stock ecu is having the TB do (ie, Proefi says 1200 rpm idle but the car really idles as 1050, etc)

2 Proefi tuners have tuned the car and neither have messed with any of those settings, only idle spark, so just curious if they even matter.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
ip-alpha
Admin

Using stock ECU to control DBW, and proefi idle settings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using stock ECU to control DBW, and proefi idle settings   Using stock ECU to control DBW, and proefi idle settings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 3:13 pm

rich wrote:
While waiting for Proefi based cruise control, I am currently letting my stock ecu control the throttle body on my G35. My question is, do I need to calibrate all the idle tables to match what my stock ecu is actually telling the TB to do?

IE, set up the idle rpm tables, etc

I assume that the ProEFI is trying to hit the idle tables even if it is not controlling the TB? Currently, my idle tables do not match what the stock ecu is having the TB do (ie, Proefi says 1200 rpm idle but the car really idles as 1050, etc)

2 Proefi tuners have tuned the car and neither have messed with any of those settings, only idle spark, so just curious if they even matter.

Thanks

It is best to have the ProEFI target what the stock ecm is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inductionperformance.com/

Using stock ECU to control DBW, and proefi idle settings
Page 1 of 1