ProEFI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProEFI

Electronic Fuel Injection Discussion Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mdrobnak

SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz   SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:10 am

"Log your wheel speeds (driven, non driven, and vehicle speed), it can't just be working, it has to be working correctly. log your gear ratios (mt calculated gear) and make sure it's correct. If all of this is correct, it will work. You can't have 0 slip on a gear change, it's physically impossible, so something isn't set up correctly."

That's what I have done. So those seem correct to me.

Here's a question: Does it matter whether I use non-driven or driven wheel speed in the speed sensors page in setup? Could that affect this? I had it set to non-driven, changed it to driven this morning, but did not have a chance to look at the log yet.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz   SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:29 pm

mdrobnak wrote:
"Log your wheel speeds (driven, non driven, and vehicle speed), it can't just be working, it has to be working correctly. log your gear ratios (mt calculated gear) and make sure it's correct. If all of this is correct, it will work. You can't have 0 slip on a gear change, it's physically impossible, so something isn't set up correctly."

That's what I have done. So those seem correct to me.

Here's a question: Does it matter whether I use non-driven or driven wheel speed in the speed sensors page in setup? Could that affect this? I had it set to non-driven, changed it to driven this morning, but did not have a chance to look at the log yet.

No, won't matter. The math is pretty straight forward....slip is calculated from rpm, wheel speed, and gear ratio. If any of those aren't correct you will not see accurate slip. Also, published gear ratios can also be slightly off, adjust these as needed by going through each gear and record the calculated gear ratio.
Back to top Go down
https://proefiforum.forumakers.com
mdrobnak

PostSubject: Re: SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz   SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Ok, so I tried this:

I set the gear ratios to the following

1st 4.41
2nd 2.60
3rd 1.73
4th 1.29
5th 1.04
6th 0.88

and I got between 0-1% slip in each gear. The problem is, the only time I see any ignition changes, is when the OnIdle state changes, not slip.

Clutch min slip was at -5, max at 6.

log file:

http://www.drobnak.com/proefi/2014-03-05-21-53-19-250-tq-test-spark-on-proefi.csv

Still confused.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz   SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:42 am

mdrobnak wrote:
Ok, so I tried this:

I set the gear ratios to the following

1st 4.41
2nd 2.60
3rd 1.73
4th 1.29
5th 1.04
6th 0.88

and I got between 0-1% slip in each gear. The problem is, the only time I see any ignition changes, is when the OnIdle state changes, not slip.

Clutch min slip was at -5, max at 6.

log file:

http://www.drobnak.com/proefi/2014-03-05-21-53-19-250-tq-test-spark-on-proefi.csv

Still confused.

Looks like the clutch slip calculation is working, so now you just need to set your triggers accordingly. Garth can help you with this if you are still stuck, but it's pretty simple.
Back to top Go down
https://proefiforum.forumakers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz   SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SMG Torque Reduction on v3zz
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProEFI :: ProEFI Forums :: Applications :: BMW :: E46 Forced Induction-
Jump to: