ProEFI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProEFI

Electronic Fuel Injection Discussion Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAN Display Units

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Turbo98

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 7:49 pm

What scale does the air/fuel ratio show on the display?  The reason I ask is that I have the units set to the air/fuel scale in the user software but it reads two different ways.  The a/f gauge on the laptop screen reads standard a/f (14.7=stoich for gas).  But the log list and the logs are on a scale that is based on the stoich of the blend of fuel in the tank at that time.
Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Turbo98

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:41 am

Anybody?
Back to top Go down
ip-alpha
Admin

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:15 am

Whatever the stoich point is. Read lambda.
Back to top Go down
http://www.inductionperformance.com/
Turbo98

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:12 pm

Ok, thanks. So for example, say I have exactly E85 in the tank, what will read on the CAN gauge at 1.0 lambda?
Back to top Go down
ip-alpha
Admin

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 am

Turbo98 wrote:
Ok, thanks.  So for example, say I have exactly E85 in the tank, what will read on the CAN gauge at 1.0 lambda?
In your ProEFI folder you've a directory called "Documents". In Documents you've a filed called Air Fuel Conversions. That will tell you everything.
Back to top Go down
Turbo98

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks. I've seen the conversion chart. But I'm curious which will appear on the CAN gauge for stoich of E85. 1.0 Lambda, 14.7, or 9.8?
Back to top Go down
rich

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:09 am

regardless of fuel type, stoich lambda is 1.0.

To get the AFR that you see in the logs, proefi is just multipling lambda by the stoich value of the ethanol percentage your flex fuel meter reads.

So if you have the gauge set to lambda you will see 1.0, while the AFR display will be 9.8
Back to top Go down
Turbo98

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:26 am

rich wrote:

To get the AFR that you see in the logs, proefi is just multipling lambda by the stoich value of the ethanol percentage your flex fuel meter reads.

So if you have the gauge set to lambda you will see 1.0, while the AFR display will be 9.8
So on the large CAN color display, it will display Lambda? Do you have a choice of how a/f will display?
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
rich

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:36 am

no it doesnt display lambda nor do you have a choice on gas scale AFR
Back to top Go down
Turbo98

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:33 am

Ok, thanks. That's kind of what I thought. I can't really use that gauge because one of the main reasons was to get rid of my AEM a/f gauge. Oh well....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:22 am

Turbo98 wrote:
rich wrote:

So on the large CAN color display, it will display Lambda?  Do you have a choice of how a/f will display?
Thanks.

You can display lambda on the Display/Logger, you can change to DesEQ, or A/F as well.
Back to top Go down
https://proefiforum.forumakers.com
ip-alpha
Admin

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 7:43 am

Also there is no reason not to read lambda!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CAN Display Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN Display Units   CAN Display Units Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAN Display Units
Page 1 of 1