ProEFI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProEFI

Electronic Fuel Injection Discussion Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street Empty
PostSubject: Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street   Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:30 pm

It's real easy to "get away with things" on the dyno that you can't get away with on the street. For example, making 900whp on the dyno, doesn't mean you can necessarily run your car at 900whp on the street and not have problems. The dyno is a quick few seconds and the street is MUCH more stressful. So for example...saying a sleeved motor is fine because we made a couple of dyno pulls, and checked it out, doesn't mean it will be fine when you stress it on the street in real world conditions...as Marcus can attest to.
Back to top Go down
https://proefiforum.forumakers.com
hobbit382

PostSubject: Re: Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street   Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:17 am

also doesn't it make a pretty big difference on what type of dyno is used? some dyno's can't properly "load" the engine right?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street   Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:37 am

hobbit382 wrote:
also doesn't it make a pretty big difference on what type of dyno is used? some dyno's can't properly "load" the engine right?

Yes, a loaded dyno will fail parts quicker than a non loaded dyno.
Back to top Go down
Shawn_robinson

PostSubject: Re: Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street   Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:32 am

a mustang dyno will load it up pretty good. I made 477rwhp on a dyno (dont know model. not mustang i know that for sure) then threw it on my buddies mustang dyno and only made 400rwhp
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street   Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Shawn_robinson wrote:
a mustang dyno will load it up pretty good. I made 477rwhp on a dyno (dont know model. not mustang i know that for sure) then threw it on my buddies mustang dyno and only made 400rwhp

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street   Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power on the dyno vs. Power on the street
Page 1 of 1