ProEFI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProEFI

Electronic Fuel Injection Discussion Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fuel Sensor - hook up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zmedic

Fuel Sensor - hook up Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Sensor - hook up   Fuel Sensor - hook up Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:10 am

Ok Fellas,
Looks like this forum needs material. Well I have a question. I purchased the ProEFI and am attempting an at home install.
I purchased the 48 box, MAP sensor, Boost Solenoid, and Fuel sensor.

Connecting the MAP sensor is straight forward as the connector is already attached to the ProEFI harness...just a matter of running the like to the actual sensor. No problem.
I found the Boost line with its 2 wire leads...ran that to the solenoid location and connected the 2 wires...also simple. As I understand, Orientation of the 2 wires doesn't matter the solenoid will work regardless.

When I got to the fuel sensor, I pulled the harness line to the engine bay where I have the sensor located and I then tried to match up the wires of the harness to the wires of the enclosed connector...This is what I found:

The connector provided came with 3 wires...Black, White and Red
The ProEFI harness lead from the ECU provides 3 wires...Green w/Black, Green w/Blue and Brown

Which color wires do I match up to make the fuel sensor work???

Please advise ASAP.
Thank you.

Randy aka Zmedic
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Sensor - hook up   Fuel Sensor - hook up Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Randy, Welcome to the Forums!

Here is what you need to do....

Hook the Green/Black wire to the white wire (Signal)
Hook the Green/Blue wire to the Red wire (Ref Voltage)
Hook the Brown/Black to the BLack wire (Sensor Ground)

That should take care of it!
Back to top Go down
https://proefiforum.forumakers.com
Zmedic

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Sensor - hook up   Fuel Sensor - hook up Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 12:38 am

Thank you so very much. I have been sending emails everywhere to get help on this question.

Lets hope she starts up right away. I have a base map loaded on the unit and I will now promptly be bringing it to get tuned.

I'll let you know how it works.
Randy aka Zmedic
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Sensor - hook up   Fuel Sensor - hook up Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 1:08 pm

Definately keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Zmedic

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Sensor - hook up   Fuel Sensor - hook up Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:08 am

Well, I hooked it up as stated above. Great. and thank again for the info. Unfortunately I stripped one of the plenum bolts. In my attempt to start the car, the car turned over several times...(BTW, First start since motor was out for TT install) And finally kicked over. The idle was up and down...which I can attribute to the plenum/vacuum leak. Once I fix that, I will restart it and see if the idle holds steady.

I only have a base map uploaded on the EFI unit, and I will be bringing it to Turbo Trix for the primary (low boost) tune.

Then I plan to add Meth Injection and return for higher boost and meth combined.

Question: Will the EFI unit be able to handle the control for the Meth Injection, or should I just use the boost signal to control the meth injection? I will be using the following Meth Kit:
http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/p102/Stage-2-Adjust.-Progressive-Trunk-Mount-Water-Methanol-Injection-System/product_info.html

It seems to be a pretty advanced system. It can be controlled via boost signal or MAF, TPS, MAP & EGT signal. I figured the Boost is the simplest.
You guys can let me know, but I don't think the Beta unit I have has any access port to allow me to hook up any sensor lead to the meth kit???
Please advise.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Sensor - hook up   Fuel Sensor - hook up Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:05 am

Zmedic wrote:
Well, I hooked it up as stated above. Great. and thank again for the info. Unfortunately I stripped one of the plenum bolts. In my attempt to start the car, the car turned over several times...(BTW, First start since motor was out for TT install) And finally kicked over. The idle was up and down...which I can attribute to the plenum/vacuum leak. Once I fix that, I will restart it and see if the idle holds steady.

I only have a base map uploaded on the EFI unit, and I will be bringing it to Turbo Trix for the primary (low boost) tune.

Then I plan to add Meth Injection and return for higher boost and meth combined.

Question: Will the EFI unit be able to handle the control for the Meth Injection, or should I just use the boost signal to control the meth injection? I will be using the following Meth Kit:
http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/p102/Stage-2-Adjust.-Progressive-Trunk-Mount-Water-Methanol-Injection-System/product_info.html

It seems to be a pretty advanced system. It can be controlled via boost signal or MAF, TPS, MAP & EGT signal. I figured the Boost is the simplest.
You guys can let me know, but I don't think the Beta unit I have has any access port to allow me to hook up any sensor lead to the meth kit???
Please advise.

Yes, the system can run your methanol injection. Just have TurboTrix set that up for you. You don't have a beta unit..there really is no such thing. Our units are full release units. The connections are made by adding wires to your harness. TurboTrix can handle this for you!

ProEFI
Back to top Go down
IIQuickSilverII

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Sensor - hook up   Fuel Sensor - hook up Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 11:13 am

good info Randy... good luck with your setup! I have been following yoru build in the other forum .

cheers,

Jorge
Back to top Go down
http://www.intensepower.com/jolotu35.html
Zmedic

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Sensor - hook up   Fuel Sensor - hook up Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 6:02 pm

Well I fixed the stripped plenum bolt and potential vacuum leak and still no luck. The idle was all over the place.
I am going to take this conversation over to the tuning forum.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Sensor - hook up   Fuel Sensor - hook up Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 10:56 am

Zmedic wrote:
Well I fixed the stripped plenum bolt and potential vacuum leak and still no luck. The idle was all over the place.
I am going to take this conversation over to the tuning forum.

I would quit worrying about this until you get the car tuned. It most likely does not have the proper fueling at idle.

ProEFI
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Sensor - hook up   Fuel Sensor - hook up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel Sensor - hook up
Page 1 of 1