ProEFI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProEFI

Electronic Fuel Injection Discussion Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

End User Software Issues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh S

End User Software Issues Empty
PostSubject: End User Software Issues   End User Software Issues Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:02 am

ProEFI End user software issues
First off while there is still work to be done on my tune, I will say the ProEFI itself is performing well, traction control is working, car starts and drives well, etc.

However I have run into several issues with the end user software that have caused problems. First I'm 99% sure that in the spark tab the software said it was running on the Low Octane map when it was not. This could have been very dangerous. Its like the software display was stuck saying "low octane" I found that if I selected "High Octane" through the CAN gauge, then the software would correctly switch and show which Octane map was selected.

Next while on the dyno we needed to make an offline change, so a change was made, an .xcal file saved and a .srz file created (which takes forever to create even on a i5 laptop) Then when we attempted to flash the new file it said "error". After messing with it, trying to re-crate the .srz file several times, etc. (all while paying dyno time) we determined that the file somehow was corrupted! This caused us to loose a bunch of tuning and we had to go back to an older back-up to get something that would load properly.

I confident that once everything is tuned the ProEFI will perform well and I like the features, but fighting with the software along with way is frustrating. Having to adjust the fuel trim for methanol injection (for example) off-line then go through creating and flashing a new file makes this feature very time consuming to use.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: End User Software Issues   End User Software Issues Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 5:44 pm

Josh S wrote:
ProEFI End user software issues
First off while there is still work to be done on my tune, I will say the ProEFI itself is performing well, traction control is working, car starts and drives well, etc.

However I have run into several issues with the end user software that have caused problems. First I'm 99% sure that in the spark tab the software said it was running on the Low Octane map when it was not. This could have been very dangerous. Its like the software display was stuck saying "low octane" I found that if I selected "High Octane" through the CAN gauge, then the software would correctly switch and show which Octane map was selected.

Next while on the dyno we needed to make an offline change, so a change was made, an .xcal file saved and a .srz file created (which takes forever to create even on a i5 laptop) Then when we attempted to flash the new file it said "error". After messing with it, trying to re-crate the .srz file several times, etc. (all while paying dyno time) we determined that the file somehow was corrupted! This caused us to loose a bunch of tuning and we had to go back to an older back-up to get something that would load properly.

I confident that once everything is tuned the ProEFI will perform well and I like the features, but fighting with the software along with way is frustrating. Having to adjust the fuel trim for methanol injection (for example) off-line then go through creating and flashing a new file makes this feature very time consuming to use.

Josh, sorry to hear you were having issues. The High/low octane parameter is tied directly to that signal. So the only time it can 'lie to you is when the engine isn't running. Once the engine is running it will display the state the engine is in.

If you received an Error message, it is most likely that the wrong type of file was selected when performing the create file function. If you still have your 'corrupted file' please email it to tech@proefi.com so we can evaluate what the cause was. Currently in the software, when browsing for a file, it allows you to 'select all file types' you SHOULD NEVER do this, it is a default Windows browse option and will be removed from our future versions of software. The only time I have seen this type of error before is when the wrong file was selected.
Back to top Go down
https://proefiforum.forumakers.com
piwko4

PostSubject: Re: End User Software Issues   End User Software Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:19 am

im actualy having the same issue now. I just got the srz file from Larry at SP and saved the base map that came on the ECU. Created a new srz file by selecting the file he sent first and then the ecu cal file i saved. I go to flash and about 3 sec later i get error on the bottom. Any idea why this could be?
Ive updated the software to 2.68 and deleted the CPEWin.dll file and added the new 2012 ControlCore license and still have the same issue. I need help with this asap since i have to change the impedance of my injectors to run my new setup. HELP...
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: End User Software Issues   End User Software Issues Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Read the instructions at the top of the window that pops up when you perform the create ecu file. The order should be as follows

NEVER - select all file types or a different file type.

Select Base .SRZ to merge in to - this is the SRZ file you recieved from your dealer

Then....

Select Xcal to merge with - this is the .xcal you pulled from the ecu or were supplied by your dealer.

Then...

Select location for new .srz - this will be the newly created .srz file with all of the calibration information.

Flash the new .srz in to the ecu

NEVER - hit another button (connect, offline, etc...) while performing a flash ECU...ALWAYS wait until the procedure is complete, and you are notified that it has completed.
Back to top Go down
piwko4

PostSubject: Re: End User Software Issues   End User Software Issues Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:33 am

That's exactly what I did. Did it 3 times w diffrent cal files and still get an error message as soon as I try to flash.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: End User Software Issues   End User Software Issues Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:48 am

piwko4 wrote:
That's exactly what I did. Did it 3 times w diffrent cal files and still get an error message as soon as I try to flash.

The only time I have seen that error is when an .xcal was chosen in place of the .srz... send your xcal to tech@proefi.com, and we can take a look at it here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End User Software Issues   End User Software Issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End User Software Issues
Page 1 of 1