ProEFI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProEFI

Electronic Fuel Injection Discussion Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hesitation/lean spike at tip in

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rich

Hesitation/lean spike at tip in Empty
PostSubject: Hesitation/lean spike at tip in   Hesitation/lean spike at tip in Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:03 pm

I have a 128 box on my 2003 G35.

I am trying to figure out the accel enrichment tables to reduce the hesitation and lean spike I get whenever I tip in to the throttle. Any off throttle to on throttle transition causes a 17-19:1 AFR lean spike accompanied by a hesitation before the car corrects and accelerates properly. It will do it just blipping the throttle at idle, when I let off to shift gears, or let off to coast. Each time I reapply the gas, the gar lean spikes and hesitates.

I have my TPS properly calibrated. I see the delta TPS table with positive and negative values. My understanding is, the harder the "blip" on the throttle, the more delta TPS.

The Delta TPS X-axis seems arbitrarily set. How do I know I am even reaching a delta TPS of 30 or which delta TPS column that needs to be increased? When I watch the red box, it only goes to the 1 column, and I've never seen it go into the 1.01 or higher. All my values in the 1 column are set to 1 (which I assume means no enrichment). There is not any enrichment until 1.01, but I've never seen the red box go to that column.

My decay rate is set at 0.02. I see 1% TPS at idle, so I have my TPS% for idle entry at 3% and my decel cut set to 2%. I am using IAC for idle control.

What should be the 1st steps to getting rid of the hesitation? I've tried adding 15% to the accel portion of the delta TPS table without much change. I can still blip the throttle and get a 17-19:1 AFR. Would increasing the decay rate to 0.05 help, or will that just cause the rpms to hang?

Any other suggestions on tuning accel enrichment? Having the hesitation at tip in makes driving a heavy clutch alot harder. The hesitation makes nailing the engagement point pretty difficult.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Hesitation/lean spike at tip in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hesitation/lean spike at tip in   Hesitation/lean spike at tip in Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:17 am

rich wrote:
I have a 128 box on my 2003 G35.

I am trying to figure out the accel enrichment tables to reduce the hesitation and lean spike I get whenever I tip in to the throttle. Any off throttle to on throttle transition causes a 17-19:1 AFR lean spike accompanied by a hesitation before the car corrects and accelerates properly. It will do it just blipping the throttle at idle, when I let off to shift gears, or let off to coast. Each time I reapply the gas, the gar lean spikes and hesitates.

I have my TPS properly calibrated. I see the delta TPS table with positive and negative values. My understanding is, the harder the "blip" on the throttle, the more delta TPS.

The Delta TPS X-axis seems arbitrarily set. How do I know I am even reaching a delta TPS of 30 or which delta TPS column that needs to be increased? When I watch the red box, it only goes to the 1 column, and I've never seen it go into the 1.01 or higher. All my values in the 1 column are set to 1 (which I assume means no enrichment). There is not any enrichment until 1.01, but I've never seen the red box go to that column.

My decay rate is set at 0.02. I see 1% TPS at idle, so I have my TPS% for idle entry at 3% and my decel cut set to 2%. I am using IAC for idle control.

What should be the 1st steps to getting rid of the hesitation? I've tried adding 15% to the accel portion of the delta TPS table without much change. I can still blip the throttle and get a 17-19:1 AFR. Would increasing the decay rate to 0.05 help, or will that just cause the rpms to hang?

Any other suggestions on tuning accel enrichment? Having the hesitation at tip in makes driving a heavy clutch alot harder. The hesitation makes nailing the engagement point pretty difficult.

Thanks!

If you read the help file in the accel/decel tuning, it tells you which paramters to log (maf port g/s, delta tps, air/fuel, timing, etc...) Your 'Y' axis is in mass flow of air, and your 'X' axis is in delta throttle...positive movements (accel) is to the right, and negative movements (decel) is to the left. The values in the tables are multipliers of fuel....a value of 1 is no multiplication, 1.10 is 10%, .9 is -10% etc...
Back to top Go down
https://proefiforum.forumakers.com

Hesitation/lean spike at tip in
Page 1 of 1