ProEFI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProEFI

Electronic Fuel Injection Discussion Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
linuxman51

Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks Empty
PostSubject: Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks   Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:59 pm

After fighting with this thing for several months, I have to say.. the lack of any kind of usable documentation regarding wiring, what is and is not acceptable, etc is HUGELY irritating. I understand you guys are probably busy saving the world and what not, but it would be nice if there were, say, some manner of documentation regarding igniter types that are compatible with this box, maybe some basic ballpark dwell values that work with some of your main stream coils, that sort of thing.

It would be further helpful for those who don't have a dealer around the corner (or really any kind of dealer that might be able to help one's situation) if there was a 'setup' document discussing the various setup options for these ecu's. I am speaking specifically of the sensors setup, and maybe the knock system setup as well. And I guess one could lump the ignition stuff into the same document as well.

Just sayin'. It'd be nice. The help docs that come with the software are adequate in some instances, and nice in others (and non-existent in some places), for instance, the list of injectors and the battery values, etc that go with them is great. More of that would be wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks   Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:23 pm

linuxman51 wrote:
After fighting with this thing for several months, I have to say.. the lack of any kind of usable documentation regarding wiring, what is and is not acceptable, etc is HUGELY irritating. I understand you guys are probably busy saving the world and what not, but it would be nice if there were, say, some manner of documentation regarding igniter types that are compatible with this box, maybe some basic ballpark dwell values that work with some of your main stream coils, that sort of thing.

It would be further helpful for those who don't have a dealer around the corner (or really any kind of dealer that might be able to help one's situation) if there was a 'setup' document discussing the various setup options for these ecu's. I am speaking specifically of the sensors setup, and maybe the knock system setup as well. And I guess one could lump the ignition stuff into the same document as well.

Just sayin'. It'd be nice. The help docs that come with the software are adequate in some instances, and nice in others (and non-existent in some places), for instance, the list of injectors and the battery values, etc that go with them is great. More of that would be wonderful.

This is why we have trained dealers. The dealer you purchased your unit from is your support level for 'universal installs'. What did you your dealer tell you for you application? Any ignitor that takes a rising trigger 0 to 5v will work. The documentation you are looking for on the coils would have been supplied by the coil manufacturer. As for the other questions, sensor setups, knock setups, etc... are in the help files of the software. There are also videos on our website.
Back to top Go down
https://proefiforum.forumakers.com
aceS

PostSubject: Re: Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks   Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:48 pm

I'm also having issues from lack of documentation. There should be a manual for the end-user so he/she can set the ecu up with out the need to go to these "dealers" Witch begs the question, what is the point of spending $380 extra for a can tuning cable, when their is No documentation for the user, and Pro EFI, will just point you to a dealer, and that's all, no help.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks   Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:37 am

aceS wrote:
I'm also having issues from lack of documentation. There should be a manual for the end-user so he/she can set the ecu up with out the need to go to these "dealers" Witch begs the question, what is the point of spending $380 extra for a can tuning cable, when their is No documentation for the user, and Pro EFI, will just point you to a dealer, and that's all, no help.

The documentation is built in to the software. The cable allowes you to connect to the ECU and make adjustments. The documentation can't teach you how to tune, and we can't teach you how to tune over the phone either. If you are an experienced tuner, this shouldn't be an issue, so what are we missing?
Back to top Go down
aceS

PostSubject: Re: Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks   Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Admin wrote:

The documentation is built in to the software. The cable allows you to connect to the ECU and make adjustments. The documentation can't teach you how to tune, and we can't teach you how to tune over the phone either. If you are an experienced tuner, this shouldn't be an issue, so what are we missing?

The documentation your talking about is the "help" pdf files, It just gives a definition of the different options/features in the software. Sure you can give a rough instruction on the basics for using your software, and the extra features, that other ecu software does not have. For example, megamanual.com is megasuirts way to describe using their software. Not only does it walk someone through their software, but gives tips, dos and don'ts specially directed to their software.

I see in C:\Program Files\ProEFI\Videos there is a power enrichment video, that is what I'm talking about, explanation to your software. So basically your saying, if your not very "experienced" tuner, your basically SOL, and I would have to be directed to a local dealer??? I want documentation that the dealers have, I figured most customers whom get Pro EFI don't tweak the settings, and its done for them via jason or HPF etc., well I'm not going to someone every-time I want to make a change. You guys apparently do not offer any classes or extra info on your product, I would be very interested in that, even sitting in on a dealer class.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks   Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:44 pm

aceS wrote:
Admin wrote:

The documentation is built in to the software. The cable allows you to connect to the ECU and make adjustments. The documentation can't teach you how to tune, and we can't teach you how to tune over the phone either. If you are an experienced tuner, this shouldn't be an issue, so what are we missing?

The documentation your talking about is the "help" pdf files, It just gives a definition of the different options/features in the software. Sure you can give a rough instruction on the basics for using your software, and the extra features, that other ecu software does not have. For example, megamanual.com is megasuirts way to describe using their software. Not only does it walk someone through their software, but gives tips, dos and don'ts specially directed to their software.

I see in C:\Program Files\ProEFI\Videos there is a power enrichment video, that is what I'm talking about, explanation to your software. So basically your saying, if your not very "experienced" tuner, your basically SOL, and I would have to be directed to a local dealer??? I want documentation that the dealers have, I figured most customers whom get Pro EFI don't tweak the settings, and its done for them via jason or HPF etc., well I'm not going to someone every-time I want to make a change. You guys apparently do not offer any classes or extra info on your product, I would be very interested in that, even sitting in on a dealer class.

You have the same documentation the dealers have. There is no instruction on 'how to use' the software. It's a tool, if you don't know how to use the tool, you will blow up your engine, so you are best off hiring a tuner to tune it. We do offer a tuner class...it's $1500 per seat, if your interested, email us your information and we'll put you on the list for the next class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks   Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing documentation for "universal installs" and setup tweaks
Page 1 of 1