ProEFI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProEFI

Electronic Fuel Injection Discussion Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

best settings for fastest crank to start times

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gbennett

best settings for fastest crank to start times Empty
PostSubject: best settings for fastest crank to start times   best settings for fastest crank to start times Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Any tips on setting up the cranking tables for the best possible or, shortest crank to start times? My stocker was starting up with only a couple revolutions, I'd like to get the pro128 down to that if possible.. right now it probably turns over 7 to 10 times before starting.. I see lots of controls whats the best way to get it matched up for best results?

Fyi, It is a flex fuel setup but I'm just talking pump gas 93oct. for now.. I know E85 cranking and startup especially cold starts are another topic, I'd like to move onto that next
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

best settings for fastest crank to start times Empty
PostSubject: Re: best settings for fastest crank to start times   best settings for fastest crank to start times Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:20 pm

gbennett wrote:
Any tips on setting up the cranking tables for the best possible or, shortest crank to start times? My stocker was starting up with only a couple revolutions, I'd like to get the pro128 down to that if possible.. right now it probably turns over 7 to 10 times before starting.. I see lots of controls whats the best way to get it matched up for best results?

Fyi, It is a flex fuel setup but I'm just talking pump gas 93oct. for now.. I know E85 cranking and startup especially cold starts are another topic, I'd like to move onto that next

The easiest way to understand what needs to be adjusted is to determine if opening the throttle while cranking helps, or hurts. If it hurts, you don't have enough fuel. If it helps, then you have too much.
Back to top Go down
https://proefiforum.forumakers.com

best settings for fastest crank to start times
Page 1 of 1